1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
In order to access Our Services, you may be required to provide Personal Information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration for Our Services or as part of your continued use of Our Services. When you request information about Our Services, We collect Personal Information including your name, e-mail address, title, job type, phone number, organization name, organization type, country, industry field of interest, interested products, and locations of interest. When you are a user of Our Services or pay your bill online, We will collect Personal Information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card, and other related information.
Certain information that identifies you may be passively collected and stored on Our or Our service providers’ server logs, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system and Personal Information regarding what website pages you accessed and when.
We may also use session and/or persistent cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may also, from time to time, retain an independent third party to perform an analysis of the statistical and aggregate data and other information with respect to Our Services. Such aggregated information is not personally identifiable and is used to improve the functionality and/or use of Our Services and future product offerings.
2. Personal Information Collected from Third Parties
We may also collect Personal Information about you through non-affiliated third parties, such as market research firms and public sources. Depending on the source, this information collected from third parties could include information such as demographic information and brand and media consumption information. We may combine information that We collect about you through Our Services with information that We obtain from such third parties.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information We collect about you for carefully considered business purposes which also benefit customers, and which include some or all of the following:
- To provide and facilitate Our products and Services
- To operate Our Services properly
- To communicate with you
- To help Electo improve, upgrade, or enhance Our Services
- To provide support for Our Services and for internal quality control purposes
- To identify you as a user in Our system
- To send marketing materials
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce Our Terms of Service
- To analyze usage of Our Services
If applicable laws require Us to have a “legal basis” for using and sharing your Personal Information. These legal bases include the following:
- Your consent – to fulfill your express requests when accessing or using Our Services
- To honor Our contractual commitments to you – much of Our processing of Personal Information is to meet Our contractual obligations to Our customers, or to take steps at customers’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract
- To carry out Our legitimate interests in Our Services – We process Personal Information because it is necessary to further Our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as customer service; marketing; protecting customers, personnel, and property; analyzing and improving Our Services; and managing legal issues
- To comply with Our legal obligations
- Additionally, Our Services have portions dedicated to a shared work space into which you may input your work product. Electo does not use or disclose any contents of the work product that you input into the shared work space except to the extent you expressly give Us permission to do so on your behalf.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
Where you have provided express and unambiguous consent, We share your Personal Information as described at the time of consent. This form of consent is also given when you take action on a client campaign or when you sign a petition. We do not otherwise share any of your Personal Information that identifies you, except as instructed by you.
The specific ways in which you consent to share Personal Information that you provide to Us is when We enable you to send individual e-mails and related messages to lawmakers, regulatory agencies, and other organizations and leaders that are the target of a campaign through Our Services. These messages may include your full name, e-mail address, mailing address and other contact information you may have provided as part of the submission. You are solely responsible for the specific message(s) you send using Our Services.
Personal Information you share publicly through Our Services may be indexed through third party search engines, such as Google or Bing. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated Personal Information. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such Personal Information by others.
b. Third-Party Processors
We use third-party processers to provide Our Services and help with Our operations, which may require that these third-party processors have access to and use your Personal Information. Third-party processors are bound by law and/or contract to protect the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information, and to only process your Personal Information to provide the contracted for services.
c. Required by law or legitimate business interest
5. Links to Third-Party Websites
6. Security of Your Personal Information
To help protect the privacy of your Personal Information collected by us, We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test Our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your Personal Information to those employees who need to know that Personal Information to provide the Services. In addition, We train Our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of Personal Information processed by the services. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce Our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
7. Public Records
Certain databases available to registered users of Our Services may contain Personal Information received from third party data suppliers. This Personal Information is contained in public records, publicly available Personal Information, and non-public Personal Information (collectively, “public records Personal Information”). Your use of this Personal Information is restricted to specific, legitimate purposes, and such Personal Information may not be used to violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
8. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not directed to visitors under the age of thirteen and We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information, as that term is defined in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) from children under the age of thirteen. If We discover that a child under 13 has submitted Personal Information to us, We will attempt to delete the Personal Information as soon as possible.
If you believe that We might have collected any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact Us at email@example.com.